Your Integration Center Job fails due to an authentication issue with the below error messages:
Job failed : Authentication is failed for SFTP Server
Authentication Failed due to invalid username or password
Failed due to - Cannot connect to sftp://<sftp_address>
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM HXM Suite
- Integration Center
Reproducing the Issue
Steps to check the error: Admin Center > Integration Center
- Monitor Integrations > Execution Manager
- Collecting the error message on the highlighted Button:
- Checking the Event Detail with the error:
There is more than one probable cause for this issue:
- Incorrect SFTP credentials are used
- The SFTP user has insufficient permissions to place a file
- The SFTP may be blocking SF connection
Please go verify if the credentials maintained in "Destination Settings" tab of Integration Center are valid.
You can try accessing the SFTP via browser with them to confirm.
Also check if the SFTP username has "write" permissions to the target SFTP path. You may verify this by manually accessing the sftp and placing a dummy file. Finally, make sure that your SFTP user's password does not contain the special character '+' or any non-ascii character, since those are not supported by Integration Center (you may refer to SFTP Settings).
If the error still persists, please try these steps:
- Try creating a new Integration Center job with those credentials and confirm if they will work with this new job.
- Test the SF connection to your SFTP through another job like an Adhoc or an Employees Export to make sure this issue is not related to Integration Center only.
- Check if your SFTP logs have any more detailed logs about the error.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
The SFTP credentials are correct as I am able to access the server. Is there something wrong on the Process Instance which is failing?
No, the Process Instance works according to the settings as the credentials filled. You need to make sure the credentials are correct. If the process never completed fine, you need to recheck the credentials as advised.
SFTP Server; Authentication; Invalid username or password; GenericFileOperationFailedException; Cannot connect; Failed; jobFailure; connectivity, sftp, 3rd party, third party, vendor, ftp, sf, successfactors, success factors, connect, firewall, block, user, username, incorrect, correct, valid, invalid, password, credentials, ip address, , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-INC , Integration Center , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem