Customer would like to know if there are limitations on the background image to be uploaded for the new SuccessFactors Login Page/ Mentoring programs.
**Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental**
- SAP SuccessFactors Career Development
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
The limit of the background image to be uploaded is limited to 2MB in size. The smaller the image the better, so that the page will load faster.
- There is no limit to the pixel dimension, you are only limited to how many bytes the file uses.
- If the image to be used as a background is a picture/photo then you should use ".jpg format".
On the other hand, if the image is a graphic (like a logo or pattern) – we recommend to use PNG, however, it is also recommended to use an optimizer to minimize the size of the PNG file.
You can also provide other options like how the image will be repeated or tiled, how its positioned, and if there is any opacity to it.
- Go to the Theme Manager and open the primary theme used in your instance;
- Expand the Login Styles section to view login theme settings;
- Use the login theme settings to define the background, logo, button colors, and footer text colors you want to use on the login page;
- Click Save to save your changes.
The same limitations exist for Mentoring. If you try to upload an image bigger than 2MB when creating a program you will get an error:
We recommend using the same formats for use when creating Mentoring programs:
- PNG for images; line drawings, icons and text
- JPG for photos
To upload a Mentoring image/photo, go to:
- Admin Center
- Manage Mentoring Programs
- Create new or edit a program in draft stage
- Click on the Upload Image to add:
Login Page, Mentoring, Login Page Theme, Image requirements , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , LOD-SF-MEN , Mentoring , How To