An Offboarding activity is not triggered from Employee Central
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0
- Offboarding rules and/or required settings are missing
- The employee terminated does not exist in Onboarding >> Security >> Users
- The employee terminated has an uncompleted offboarding activity
- The Hiring Manager doesn't have permission to view the offboarding activity
For Scenario 1, please make sure the initial configuration is done correctly:
- Make sure Intelligent Services and Offboarding options are enabled in Provisioning
- Business Rule with termination event reason should be saved with “onPostSave” type under Manage Business Configuration > HRIS Elements > jobInfo
- The event reason used in termination should match the condition of the rule
- Make sure you have First Name, Last Name and Hiring Manager mapped in the ONB to EC mapping tool page for Offboarding.
- Respective RBP permissions should already be in place.
- Make sure terminating candidate and hiring manager first name and last name are present in Onboarding
- By default SYS_OFB_ELIGIBILITY_CONFIG rule should be created once we turned on initial settings but in rare cases it will not create. Please double check.
- May be the Offboarding activity was created but the user does not have appropriate permissions on the Onboarding side to view Offboarding activity
- Go to security > Group > and click on assign to give permission to Offboarding activity permissions.
- Search in SuperAdmin/SupportMate for deleted activities
For Scenario 2, please check User Sync job or add the user manually.
For Scenario 3, please delete the uncompleted offboarding and do termination again.
For Scenario 4, please check the permission of Hiring Manager
Product Support, please check Internal Memo for more information.
2082717 - How to check what permissions a Hiring Manager has - Onboarding
2278872 - User Sync Issue and Fix - Onboarding 1.0
offboarding, permission , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-OFF , Offboarding , Problem