How to choose between:
- Manual Event reason selection for MSS data changes
- Automatic Event reason derivation based on fields changed during a transaction using business rules configured in the User Interface
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- The below explanation is relevant for partners as they would be having access to provisioning:
- Customers are requested to raise an incident with Successfactors component(LOD-SF-EC-PRV) to activate relevant settings.
- Provisioning settings of interest are shown here:
- Customer has 2 Options to get Event Reason by different methodology by activating relevant settings from provisioning as below:
- Business Rules for Event Reason Derivation off -> Manual selection of event reasons on UI
- Business Rules for Event Reason Derivation on -> Event Reason selected automatically based on the rules configured
- Similarly, the workflow derivation too works as below:
- If Business Rules for Event Reason Derivation is On then Rules are used to determine what workflow to trigger
- If Business Rules for Event Reason Derivation is Off then the workflow is picked up as per 'Workflow derviation.xml' uploaded into provisioning
Automatic Event Reasons and Workflow derivation, manual event reason and workflow derivation , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PRV , Provisioning Changes , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , DO NOT USE - Business Rules & Event Derivation , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core all versions