- We have configured a "nickname" field in EP portlet for user to edit it by themselves.
- The field definition in data model is like:
<standard-element id="nickname" max-length="128" required="false" matrix-filter="false">
- Via UI user can enter 128 English characters per limitation, however they can only input 42 Chinese characters at most.
- In contrast, if "custom01" field with max-length="128" is configured, no matter English or Chinese characters can contain 128 characters at most.
<standard-element id="custom01" max-length="128" required="false" matrix-filter="false">
<label>Customizable Field 1</label>
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- There's data limitation for every fields in our back end basing on the DataBase design.
- For nickname, it's limited to 128 bytes; For custom fields(custom01-15), it's limited to 255 chars.
- Usually, under UTF-8, Alphabet, number, space,half-width punctuation are seen as 1 byte, while Chinese characters, Japanese characters, as well as full-width punctuation are counted as 3 bytes. Since the max-length of "nickname" element is 128 bytes, for Chinese characters the maximum input will be 128/3 which is 42 characters.
- While custom fields(custom01-15) is limited to 255 chars, which is applying to both English characters and Chinese characters.
You may consider to use custom field instead of nickname field according to actual business situation.
nickname,custom,character limitation,maximum,bytes,chars, , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions