- After iOS upgraded to version 10, iPhones and iPads are not playing the videos hosted in iContent
- Learning Management System
- iOS 10.1.1
- LMS Product Management confirmed that this issue is happening due to the Apple iOS 10 upgrade, where after it, iOS is not handling Protected Videos. This means, that every single iContent interaction will require authentication first, and this is performed on the fly (at the moment that you click on "Start Course"). If there are videos that requires authentication, they will not play (in iOS 10).
- Since the issue is caused by the iOS upgrade provided by Apple, we can suggest the following workaround: Do not upgrade the iOS to version 10.1.1 as it will not work. You may keep your Apple device in any version lower than 10.
- According to this forum, Apple Engineers are looking for a solution in the next iOS release (version 10.2) which may address the issue.
- One other solution to try is updating your SF App to the latest version (currently 6.34) and this should resolve this issue in most versions of iOS.
iOS 10, iOS, Apple, iPad, iPhone, update, upgrade, videos not playing, iContent videos not playing in iOS 10, videos not playing in iOS 10, mp4 videos not playing, mp4 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Learning all versions