When you try to upload an electronic bank statement you receive the following error message 'No bank account active on DD.MM.YYYY for account number XXX, national bank code YYY, and currency ZZZ found' even though all of them are active in the system, (where XXX represents the account number, YYY represents the national bank code and ZZZ represents the respective currency).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the WorkCenter Liquidity Management.
- Subview Bank Statements.
- Click the New button and then select the option Bank Statement Upload.
- Maintain all your data.
- Click the Start File Upload button.
Error message: No bank account active on DD.MM.YYYY for account number XXX, national bank code YYY, and currency ZZZ found.
You have maintained two different Bank IDs for one Bank. The first is in status Obsolete while the other Bank ID is in status Active.
The system cannot differentiate which Bank ID is the correct one - hence it picks the Bank ID which was maintained first in the system. The same data such as Account Number, Description is the same in both Banks.
To solve this issue you can either set the status from Obsolete to Active or maintain the data in a new Bank entry and update it accordingly:
- Go to the WorkCenter Liquidity Management, Subview Master Data - My Banks.
- Select the respective bank.
- Click View All and navigate to the General tab.
- Find the Bank ID XYZ - Bank Name (where XYZ represents the first Bank name).
- Double click to open it.
- You will see that the Bank Directory Entry for XYZ is in status Obsolete.
- Click on the selection icon in the Bank ID field.
- Search for the bank entry with the exact same name.
- Select the bank ID ABC- Bank Name. (ABC represents the second bank name).
- Double click on the Bank ID.
- You will see that the Status is Active.
- Account details are the same in both Bank entries.
bank statement, Kontoauszug, bank directory, Bankverzeichnis, no bank account active, kein Bankkonto aktiv , KBA , bank statement upload , currency error , no active bank account , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To