Whenever an allocation has been run on data in a model, the "clear model" function no longer works on the model.
This issue occurs not only when creating a model and loading data from BW but it also occurs when the model has been created from an excel sheet.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2017.13
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a model ModelA by importing data from an xls file
- Do the necessary mapping
- Create a story from ModelA: check the data has been loaded successfully.
- Select the model and click the “Clear Model” button on the top right of the screen
- Leave the screen as it was, and click “OK”
- Confirm that the model had been cleared by creating a new story and checking for data: story is empty
- TheSelect ModelA again and import data from the same xlsx file
- Check again that data has been loaded successfully by creating a new story
- Create an allocation and ran that allocation on the data. The allocation was successful.
- Then clear the model again and create a story to check. But this time the data had not been cleared.
This works as designed and data displayed is related to the private version that was generated by executing the Allocation Process.
Clearing a model does not remove private versions associated with the model.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem