The automatic Release Purchase Proposal Run fails due to following error messages:
- Source of supply not valid; purchase proposal XYZ not requested.
- Requesting purchase proposal number XYZ not possible.
- Source of supply for purchase proposal XYZnot valid.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go To Supply Control Work Center.
- Go To Automated Actions View, and select Release Purchase Proposal Runs.
- Select the filter Active Purchase Proposal Runs and open the Application Log NNN (NNN represents the Application Log ID).
- Go to the Results tab.
- You can see the above error messages (you may need to expand the result to see the error messages).
Automated action to Release Purchase Proposals does not process the Purchase Proposals for cases where the Source of Supply is not valid. The automated action works for the proposals which can be processed further without manual intervention. If Source of Supply is not valid, the Background Job fails.
However, user can release the Purchase Proposal manually. System will allow if Source of Supply is not valid or even if there is no Source of Supply selected for the Purchase Proposal.
Purchase Proposal Runs, Purchase Proposal, release, Requested, Source, supply , KBA , AP-LEC , Logistics Execution Control , AP-SDM-MSD , Material Supply and Demand View , How To