Any time recordings submitted by a person is restricted to self-approve and so is sent for approval of project manager, however when Project Manager himself is doing time recordings it does not go for approval.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Click Edit Project Scope.
- Go to step Questions.
- Navigate to Human Resources element and expand it.
- Go to Time and Labor Management element and expand it.
- Select Approvals element and go to Questions appearing towards your right.
- You will see the below question is already checked:
Would you like to restrict users from self-approval of time recordings in the solution? *
The above scoping question holds good for all users except the Project manager of their project.
There is a backend business configuration option that will allow the project time recording to go to his line manager for approval, in the cases where the project manager does time recording against their own project.
Please raise an incident for the same to have the above back end scoping to be maintained.
Let us know if both are one of the below has to be disabled:
1.Disable Self – Approval to approve the time recordings done against the project by the Project Manager.
2.Disable Self – Approval to approve the expenses report created against the project by the Project Manager.
self-approval; time recording; project manager; line manager , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , AP-PRO , Project Processing , AP-TIM , Time and Labour Management , How To