This article provides information on the current behavior of boolean fields in Employee Profile and Ad Hoc Reports..
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Employee Profile;
- Boolean field, such as "newToPosition" and "matrixManaged", displays as "-";
- Go to Analytics > Ad Hoc Report;
- Using Employee Profile Domain;
- Values are blank for the boolean columns.
Boolean fields can be configured as blank, FALSE or TRUE. Considering:
- If the field is blank, in Employee Profile will show as "-", in Ad hoc as "blank" and in User Directory as "blank";
- If the field is FALSE, in Employee Profile will show as "no", in Ad hoc as "no" and in User Directory as "FALSE";
- If the field is TRUE, in Employee Profile will show as "yes", in Ad hoc as "yes" and in User Directory as "TRUE".
In ad hoc report, you will find blank values for users, but in the Employee Profile the value displayed is "-", and it is not currently possible to change the behavior of the Boolean fields to be set to "FALSE" by default instead of being blank.
List of Boolean fields:
The change related to boolean type standard element display in employee profile has changed where before it used to display as "no" if the field is blank and after 2011 release it displays as "-". There is no change in behavior for adhoc reports.
boolean fields field standard xml yes/no yes no true/false true false blank different in Ad hoc reports EP analytics EDU-15524 , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , People Profile (Employee Profile / PP3) , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , How To