- Creating an new Live connection to HANA using the connection SAP HANA Cloud Platform in SAP Analytics Cloud (formerly known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud / BOC) gives:
Unable to authenticate on the remote server. Please ensure your credentials are valid for the remote system.
- When creating a model based on SAP HANA Cloud Platform (Supportone), below error is observed:
"unable to authenticate. Please ensure your credentials are valid."
In Network logs, we can see:
"401 - Not authorized"
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Cloud Platform
Reproducing the Issue
- Select Connection from the "Main Menu"
- Click on + and choose Live Data Connection -> SAP HANA
- Enter desired name <Connection Name> and optional description
- Choose "SAP HANA Cloud Platform" as Connection Type
- System Type defaults to "HANA"
- Enter SAP HANA Cloud Platform Account
- Enter Database Name created in HCP
- Set Landscape Host to "Trial"
- Choose "User Name and Password" radio button for credentials
- Enter User Name and Password for the HCP database
- Click "OK"
- Error message "Unable to authenticate on the remote server. Please ensure your credentials are valid for the remote system." appears
- There could be multiple causes for this issue:
SAP HANA Role "sap.bc.ina.service.v2.userRole::INA_USER" is required for the credentials using in the connection.
The connection created on this particular user doesn't have sufficient rights to SAP HANA system.
- Solution for Cause 1:
Grant SAP HANA Role sap.bc.ina.service.v2.userRole::INA_USER to all users in the SAP Cloud Platform HANA database that will be used to access data from SAP BusinessObject Cloud. In the below screenshot you can see how to grant this role in SAP Cloud Platform workbench.
- Solution for Cause 2:
1. Create a test connection on another user who has access to SAP HANA system.
2. If the connection is successful, then check the authorizations for that particular user as the issue is only specific to that particular user.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating facility at the top right-hand corner of this article.
SAC, HCP, SCP, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, INA, access, permissions, connection , KBA , unable to authenticate , boc , ina , hcp , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem