- "Date of Birth" field not saving new information properly when saving information in Personal Information.
- In People Profile, when inputting the date into "Date of Birth" field of Personal Information and saving, the system says "Your changes were successfully saved", then "Date of Birth" field was not populated.
- No error message has been displayed.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to People Profile
- Search for a user
- Edit Personal Information
- Enter a date in the "Date of Birth" field > Save
- See "Your changes were successfully saved" pop-up.
- No value has been populated. The field stays blank.
- As of release b1611 the 'data-of-birth' field is no longer used.
- There is a new object called 'date-of-birth' field which has replaced 'data-of-birth'.
- "data-of-birth" in personalinfo hris-field is no longer the proper element being used within the Data Model.
- The object external code has been changed to "date-of-birth" in Manage Business Configuration > personInfo.
- The visibility for the HRIS element should be set to "both".
- It is recommended to use 'date-of-birth' in personInfo.
<hris-field id="date-of-birth" visibility="none">
<label>Date Of Birth</label>
<label xml:lang="en-US">Date Of Birth</label>
- 'data-of-birth' was only left in personalInfo for some customers to accommodate backward compatability, this field's visibility should be set to 'none'.
DOB, Success Factors, SF, EC, BizX, birthday, ECT-64623 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EMP , Employment Information (Employment Details) , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions