- ASE server dies suddenly.
- The ASE errorlog shows a Signal 11 in the module ssql__choose_victim() followed by a stack trace:
Current process (0x30d9013b) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001227124 (ssql__choose_victim+0x3f), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x0000000000000008)
- The stack trace includes these functions:
- The terminated process (spid) was holding spinlock SSQLCACHE_SPIN that was not released at the time:
Spinlocks held by kpid 819527995
Spinlock SSQLCACHE_SPIN at address 0x00002aaaac66e180 owned by 819527995
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 and 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE) 15.7 and 16.0
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR804772, CR#804772, 804772, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, registers, CR805162, CR#805162, 805162, statement, cache, procedure , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.