- After receiving the iContent SFTP credentials, how is it utilized in SuccessFactors Learning?
- How is the Content Deployment Location setup?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP Successfactors Learning
Part-1: Content Deployment Location
The iContent SFTP account is to be used with the Content Deployment Location. This is located under System Administration > Configuration > Content Deployment Locations. When the SFTP information is received after it's created, you should have:
- Host Name - server location
- Port number
- User Name
- URL Prefix: Refer to KBA: 2396085
In case iContent has not been provisioned, please see 2318240
- Proceed to System Administration > Configuration > Content Deployment Locations and select Add New. Provide a name for the Deployment Location ID and fill out all the necessary details as displayed in the picture below. URL-Prefix is a combination of a “url space”+”folder in the server space”. In this case the url space is: /icontent/CUSTOM/username/ and “Vish” is the folder present in the root directory of the server space. The same has to be updated for the “Directory” field. More details on each field can be found in the documentation.
- Click on “Add”
Part-2: Content Creation
- Go to Content > Import Content > Select an Action (Add New Content) and click on “Next” > Browse > Choose the file that we want to import to iContent.
- Proceed using the tool by filling in the fields. For more information on each field, please view the documentation. For more granular steps select the approriate section such as "Importing New Online Course Content".
- It is suggested to always test out launching the content with a test user to see that both the content and Item settings work as expected.
- The options for assignment are documented here. Select the one that fits your business needs.
SF SuccessFactors Learning iContent setup configure LMS Deployment Location assign course upload content configuration setting using use , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-PCM , iContent , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , How To
|iContent Course launch Test Case doc.zip|