Employee time object fields applied with field-level permissions are still visible in Time Off UI when requesting for absences
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Time Off
- v12 UI
Reproducing the Issue
1. Secure the Employee Time object under Miscelleaneous Permissions in Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions.
2. Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles. Select a role then go to Miscelleanous Permissions >Employee Time Object and add field level overrides for a field.
3. Proxy as an employee then go to his Time Off page to request for absence. Notice that the fields applied with field level permisisons are still visible in the absence form.
Field-level overrides are not supported on the old ESS UI.
Restricting access to Employee Time object fields is only supported on Administer Time page (Time Administration Workbench) in People Profile and the new Fiori Time Off ESS UI (to be released in 1811).
- Workbench permisison must be enabled for the permission role for the field level permissions to properly work.
- Do not apply them to standard time off fields, such as the time type or start date/time or end date/time as this will interfere with the simulation function when an absence request is entered.
Field Level override, permissions, read-only, no access, Time Off, absence form, People Profile, PP3, v12 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem