In a Performance Management form, the competency section is not visible to a Matrix Manager (EX) despite having correct section and field permissions.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Job Profile Builder must be enabled on the instance
- Configure form with an EX route step
- Provide the EX the correct section and field permissions to see it at the EX route step
- Launch the form and move it to the EX step
- Section will not be visible
This happens when the instance has Job Profile Builder enabled, and the Matrix Manager does not have the appropriate permissions. Job Profile Builder uses MDF, and the Matrix Manager does not have the correct metadata permissions in order to see the JPB data tied to the employee, which in this case would be the competencies.
You have to give the Matrix Manager Read/Write permission to the Metadata Framework. Follow these steps:
- Go to Admin Center
- In Search Tools/Tool Search, enter Manage Permission Roles
- Find a role that is granted to the affected Matrix Manager
- Click on Permission...
- Under Administrator Permissions, select Metadata Framework
- Put a check on Read/Write Permission on Metadata Framework
- Click Done, then Save Changes
JPB MDF Metadata Framework EX Matrix Manager , KBA , LOD-SF-PM-FAM , Competencies Behaviors Families and Roles , Problem