When launching a content in LMS, the browser will navigate to BizX logon screen on home screen. The issue happens for only some users in the organization and will happen in Internet Explorer browser.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning (integrated with BizX/HXM)
Reproducing the Issue
Using Internet Explorer (any version) browser:
- Logon to BizX and Navigate to Learning screen;
- From your learning plan try and launch any course;
- It will log you out from the current session and navigate you to the BizX logon screen (or BizX home screen if you have SSO configured on BizX).
This issue is usually seen in the Internet Explorer browser and will happen to some users in the organization. Internet Explorer has lots of policies managed by the IT Administrator. Some restrictions can cause issues like this to happen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Navigate to "Internet Options" (should be located in the upper right corner - wheel/gear icon)
- Now navigate to the Security tab and look for "Trusted Sites"
- Click the button "Sites", see below.
Here you should see an option to add websites to your trusted sites list.
Please have the 2 websites added here.
1. https://*.plateau.com (you can replace * with your company instance URL) - Learning Administrator should be aware of the Web site.
- You may also choose to use the above URL as it is. (* acts a wildcard, so you do not need to add site URLs separately) e.g. You may to have to add 3 sites if you have production, stage and sandbox systems.
2. https://*.successfactors.com / https://*.sapsf.com
- Please note that this URL can vary depending on your datacenter. So please choose accordingly. e.g. it can be any of the below URLs
and may more to list out. Please check with the administrator, if you are not sure of what URL to put here.
Points to Note: In many organizations, IT administrators does not allow changes to these settings. It is the administrators who trigger these changes through Microsoft Windows Policy. In that case, user will not have an option to add websites to the trusted sites.
Please reach out to the IT Administrators and they would be able to further assist with addition of trusted sites.
Content, Launch, Redirection, issue, login, logout, trusted, domains, IE , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CNT , Content , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem