- The following error is received when trying to create a job requisition from within position org chart for a position tied to a specific country:
".....mfield is invalid for picklist postingCountry"
(Note that mfield may also be mfield2 or mfield 3 etc)
- on the backend trace server (Splunk) you may see an exception occur like the following:
15:20:21,206 ERROR [PositionOrgChartController] [184.108.40.206]  [companid,instancename, Inc.,dc5prd_STOCKPM900512.,dbPool5,106665,username,en_US,102851] Error while creating requisition / requisition processing request for position xxxxxxx
com.successfactors.positionmanagementintegration.recruiting.fault.PositionIntegrationApplicationException: Creation of a job requisition for position 104330 failed. Details: Exception occured on jobRequisition with the guid : 54471209-fc0c-4c5d-afa6-cd0c3e198ef7. Root cause: mfield2 is invalid for picklist postingCountry
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Home > Company Info > Position Org Chart
- Search for specific position for country (for example: " United Arab Emirates")
- Click on position and then select "Create Job Requisition" from menu icon next to position name.
- In "Manage Job Requisition" dialog box, select "Create"
- Notice the error message received.
- The problem is that the specific country value does not exist in the legacy picklist.
- You also potentially can NOT update the country legacy picklist as this picklist is mapped to the MDF picklist which does have the correct country in it.
- Job requisitions though do not look at MDF picklist and only can retrieve country values from the legacy picklist
- If the legacy country picklist is not linked to the MDF picklist than you can simply export the legacy picklist and make the change (add country) and re-import the picklist using the "picklist management" tool within admin center
- If this picklist is linked to the MDF picklist, you have to temporarily first delete/remove the picklist mapping to make the above change and after the country value is added you can re-establish the mapping.
(Below is an example image of a defined MDF to Legacy picklist mapping in the "Manage data" tool)
ECT-66662, mfield, picklist, successfactors, EC, Postingcountry , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-INT , Manage Pending Hires (Integration RCM/ ONB/ OBX + UI) , Problem