When accessing Career Path in Development tab, user gets the following error:
"Either you have no permission to view / edit career paths or configuration settings are not done correctly. Please contact your system administrator."
**All images used in this article are from an SAP internal system.**
SAP SuccessFactors Career Development Plan
This error may be caused by a missing permission for the user. To access Career Path, users must have "View" and "Edit" permission for Career Path object granted on Role-Based Permission.
The object name may be shown in RBP as "Legacy Career Path" or "Career Path", depending on the JPB version enabled for your instance. For more information, you can refer to the article 2485992 - Career Path v2 permissions with Job Profile Builder.
In this scenario, JDM 1.0 is enabled in the instance and the object name is "Legacy Career Path".
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles > Select permission role;
- Click Permissions;
- Under "User Permissions" section, click "Miscellaneous Permissions";
- Enable the View and Edit options for "Legacy Career Path" object:
- Click Done and Save Changes.
In case the object "Legacy Career Path" in Miscellaneous Permissions is not available for in Role-Based Permission, review the article 2426995 - Career Path: Missing Legacy Career Path permission in Miscellaneous Permissions.
By default, users with View and Edit access have access to all career paths in the system. However, you can restrict their access to specific career paths based on code, business unit, division, department, or any custom views that may have been previously configured.
To restrict access, you can follow below steps:
- Go to Admin Tools > Manage Permission Roles > Select the role with Career Path object permission;
- Scroll to the bottom of the Permission Role Details page, to the section "Grant this role to";
- Click "Edit Granting" to the right of the role name;
- Scroll to the groupbox;
- In the Career Path object, enable the option "Restrict target population to";
- Specify the restrictions in the dropdown menus that appear;
- Save changes.
For more information on Career Path, refer to the section "Managing Career Paths V2" in the Career Development Planning Implementation and Administration Guide.
Career Path, career path permissions, legacy career path, miscellaneous permissions, RBP, role based permissions, application error , KBA , LOD-SF-CDP , Career Development Planning , LOD-SF-CDP-CW , Career Worksheet , LOD-SF-CDP-ADM , Admin Tools, Permissions, Settings , Problem