- Failed to connect to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
- When attempting to connect to JD Edwards from Crystal Reports, it fails with the error:
Details: Failed to communicate with tyhe Database for JD Edwards
EnterpriseOne process. The server may have terminated unexpectedly."
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013 - Support Pack 9 and higher
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016 - Support Pack 6 and higher
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a new report.
- In the Database Expert, under "Create a new Connection", expand: "More Datasources"
- Select: "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne"
- Enter the credentials, and click "OK"
- The Java Virtual Machine is not loaded by Crystal Reports, and causes the error.
- Download and install a 32bit Java JDK, and set the JVM registry key "Path JVM Library", to the JVM location.
WARNING: The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Microsoft Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk. For further information see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Download and install the 32 bit Java JDK from the official vendor's website.
( Example of an official Java download website:
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor ( Regedit )
- In the Microsoft Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Integration Kit for PeopleSoft EnterpriseOne\QRY\
- Modify the registry key: Path JVM Library, to point to the new location of jvm.dll:
Example: Path JVM Library = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\jre\bin\client
CR, JDE, PeopleSoft, Oracle , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016