- A job extracting from SAP S/4HANA 1610 fails with the following error in SAP Data Services:
(14.2) <Date><Time>(R) (0864:3163191040) R3C-151001: |Data flow test_job_3|Reader Query
Error calling RFC function to get table data: <RFC_ABAP_RUNTIME_FAILURE>.
- On SAP Application server, the following short dump occurs:
The termination occurred in ABAP program or include "/SAPDS/SAPLRS_BASIS", in "/SAPDS/RFC_STREAM_READ_TABLE". The main program was "SAPMSSY1".
- The same job runs fine in SAP S/4HANA 1510 with the same functions source code
- Short dump break references CALL_RFC_TABLE_MULTIREF
- Job fails after first array fetch. If array fetch is set to 1000, then it will read 1000 records and then fail
- Job will run if number of records in source is less than array fetch value.
- SAP Data Services 14.2 SP8 and all previous versions
- SAP HANA Cloud Integration for Data Services 1.0 SP11 and previous versions
- SAP Application Server S/4HANA 1610
- SAP Netweaver 7.5 SP6
- ABAP Dataflow extracting using RFC transfer method
- Extractions using SAP RFC table reader
SAP Cloud Integration for data services all versions ; SAP Data Services 4.2 ; SAP HANA 1.0, platform edition
Data Services, BODS, DS, S4HANA, Upgrade S4HANA, S4HANA source, stream, EIM-DS, EIM-DS-SAP, EIM-HCI, LOD-HCI-DS, EIM-IS, Information Steward, RFC_ABAP_RUNTIME_FAILURE, S/4, HANA, SAP , KBA , EIM-DS-SAP , SAP Interfaces , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.