Are there limits to the rows, columns, or the amount of data when exporting Reports from SuccessFactors?
SAP SuccessFactors Reporting
- There is no row limit for CSV* ( CSV reports (exceeding 1,048,576 rows) can be exported from SuccessFactors, however, please note that Microsoft Excel will limit the number of rows to 1,048,576.)
- The XLS has row limit of 65536 and
- XLSX has row limit of 1,048,576
These limitations are because of the way Microsoft Excel works and not from SuccessFactors : Excel specifications and limits
Workaround : Adding filter will reduce the output and ensure that the amount of results is within the limitations.
Steps to add filters:
- Go to Analytics > Reporting > Adhoc Reporting > Edit
- Select Filter > add filter criteria ( eg. Filter by Division, Department, Location etc. )
- Run the report
Row limit, csv, xls, xlsx, Excel, Microsoft, Ad Hoc, Adhoc, report - Table , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , How To