- When setting up an ASE Small Business Edition (SBE) on a VM
- License error(s) are returned that prevent starting this ASE SBE. Examples are :
- SySAM: The SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY licensing capacity setting is not intended for this system. This machine partition or virtual machine does not appear to be part of the machine from which the SYBASE_SAM_CAPACITY value was obtained.
- The license prohibits use of ASE on a machine with more than 2 CPU chip(s), but 4 CPU chips were detected. Check whether the licensing terms allow you to partition the machine so that ASE can only use 2 CPU chip(s).
- Cannot determine the total number of processor chips on the machine from within this virtual system. The ASE_CORE ("CH") license type is restricted for use on a machine with a maximum of 2 processor chips regardless of whether the virtual system is limited to use fewer processor chips.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- Small Business Edition (SBE)
- VMware ESXi
- Microsoft Hyper-V
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7 ; Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.0 ; Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.5
physical, chip, virtual, machine, AR, CH, DH, Edge ,HyperV , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.