Recurring Absence in Time off.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Time Off
What specific settings in the time type configuration controls recurring absences checkbox?
Currently there is no configuration setting or permission to control the recurring absences checkbox in UI, this will be shown by defalut for all users to create multiple absences that can occur on Daily,Weekly and Biweekly recurrence/pattern.
However a new permission setting will be introduced in 1908 which controls recurring absences checkbox. Refer KBA #2809742 for more details.
How are recurring absences posted by the system?
When recurring absence checkbox is selected, you would be able to set the recurrence of the absence whether it would be on Daily, Weekly and Biweekly pattern and the end date of the recurring absence.
Employee creates a weekly recurring absence starting from February 1 until February 28, 2017. The system would now then post a total of 4 days of absence on the following dates: February 1, 8, 15 and 22. These absences would be shown under the related records column as absence series in the Time Records tab of the Absence Management Workbench.
Points to note:
- It is possible to create and edit recurring absences with start and end dates in the past.
- Employees can't request more than 53 recurring absences at a time.
- If employees attach a file while creating a recurring absence request, only the first absence will contain the attachment.
- Leave of absence (LOA) time types are not supported for recurring absences.
- Recurring absences are not supported for time types where flexible requesting is enabled.
- Full-day absences with a daily recurrence are not supported.
- Mandatory custom attachment fields are not supported for recurring absences.
- Recurring Absence is not yet supported in Mobile.
recurring absence, employee time, employee time group, recurrence, pattern, time off, related records, ECT-69113, TIM-7640, TIM-15420, TIM-15601,TIM-503 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EC-TIM-MOB , Time Mobile , How To