- The Streaming project is using a CSV Input Adapter to read data from CSV files.
- The project is processing approximately 45000 transactions per second from the input adapter.
- When monitoring the _ESP_Connectors metadata stream for the project, the status for the adapter is shown as "CONTINUOUS" and the total processed rows (Good Rows) are shown as increasing (as expected).
- However, at some point, around 15-16 hours later, the following occurred:
- The project stopped processing data because the CSV Input adapter was unable to read data from the files.
- The _ESP_Connectors for the project indicated that the status for the adapter was "CONTINUOUS", and showed the total rows processed (Good Rows) was "2147473408" and then remained at this value.
- The following error message was reported in the stdstream.log: "AdapterMonitor.printModuleBufferInfo) Current size of buffer between module FileInputTransporter and CsvStringToEspFormatter is 20480, and it is beyond its threshold 7168."
- Instructions for troubleshooting this error message cannot be found in the Adapters Guide.
- Instructions on how to increase the buffer size value cannot be found in the Adapters guide.
- However, the buffer size value was changed from 10240 to 30720 in /SybaseEsp/ESP-5_1/adapters/framework/instances/file_csv_input/adapter_config.xml, and the ESP project was restarted.
- It was then observed that the CSV input adapter was able to process data.
- It is unclear if restarting the project resolved the issue, or if increasing the buffer size resolved the issue.
- It was then observed that the warning messages logged in stdstreams.log were as follows:
- "(AdapterMonitor.printModuleBufferInfo) Current size of buffer between module FileInputTransporter and CsvStringToEspFormatter is 20480, and it is beyond its threshold 7168."
- "(AdapterMonitor.printModuleBufferInfo) Current size of buffer between module CsvStringToEspFormatter and MyInStream_Publisher is 30699, and it is beyond its threshold 21504."
- SAP Event Stream Processor (ESP) 5.1 SP12 SP12 Rev122 PL03
- Linux on AMD/Intel x86_64
SAP Event Stream Processor 5.1
streaming, processing,esp , KBA , BC-SYB-ESP , Sybase ESP (Event Stream Processor) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.