The description for code list fields is missing when the data source is exposed to BW via ODP Scenario.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business byDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Select the view Design Data sources.
- Choose any data source which is exposed (E.g.: Opportunity Item).
- Check the code list fields like 'Life Cycle Status, Document type' etc.
- When these fields are passed to BW we can only see field IDs but not their corresponding description.
Code list descriptions are not exported via the ODP scenario. This is a generic activity and not related to the ODP scenarios.
When data is extracted from C4C systems via ODP, only codes will be passed to BW since the corresponding descriptions are not stored in the actual transactional/master data.
You need to create these codelists in BW manually and fill descriptions for the codes which are extracted via ODP. You can use A2X service to get the codelist values of the fields available in code list mapping for the mentioned Business Object QueryCodeListIn.
BYD, C4C, codelist description, ID , KBA , codelist , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To