You require to update an employee's Department and Job. In the Employees view of the Administrator work center, upon choosing the Department and Job respectively from the value help, the fields appear blank.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Administrator work center.
- Access the Employees work center view.
- Select employee XYZ (where XYZ represents an actual employee ID).
- Click Edit.
- Fill the fields Department and Job from the respective value help.
- Click Save and Close.
Once you check back again, you can see the fields are blank.
Department and Job for Employees can only be maintained in the Organizational Management work center.
To maintain the Department Name and Job, we recommend to use the Organizational Management workcenter.
- Go to Organizational Management work center
- Access the Org Structures work center view
- Locate and open the org unit to which Employee XYZ is assigned.
- In the General tab, go the Details section.
- Update the Department Name.
- Go to the tab Employees.
- Update the Job.
- Click Save.
Department, Job, Employee , KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To