In v12 Matrix Grid Report, the hyperlinks are not working in the placement labels, as it was working in v11 Matrix Grid Report. Instead, the HTML code is displayed.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
- SAP SuccessFactors v12 Matrix Grid Report
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Succession > Performance-Potential Matrix Grid Report or How vs. What Matrix Grid Report;
- Generate the report > verify that the HTML code now displays in the placement label:
With the v11 Matrix Grid Report, it was common to have the placement labels configured to display a hyperlink to a webpage or document to provide information to end users about the meaning of the placements and ratings used in the Matrix Grid Reports.
With the v12 Matrix Grid Reports, rendering HTML code is no longer supported in the placement labels. Therefore, it is no longer possible to display hyperlinks in the placement labels.
Instead, to support the use case of providing more information on the placements/ratings to end-users, the Matrix Grid Report has a built-in function to provide a hyperlink to a document or webpage.
To configure it, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to Admin Center > Succession > Matrix Grid Reports: Performance-Potential or How vs. What;
- Configure a Link Title and a Link URL, available at the bottom of the configuration page;
- Save Changes.
After configuring it:
- The link will be available as an information icon at the up-right corner of the report;
- The title will be displayed when you mouse over the icon;
- The link will be opened in a new window:
NOTE: After configuring the link, remove the HTML code from the placement labels so they stop appearing in the Matrix Grid Report. If there are issues finding the location of the html code, be sure to select your language in the local box that normally displays "default" on Admin Center > Matrix Grid Report configuration page.
More information on configuring Matrix Grid Reports is available in the wiki page Matrix Grid Reports - Admin Center Configurations.
v12, v11, matrix grid report, 9-box, 9box, performance-potential, perf-pot, how vs. what, objective-competency, hyperlink, link, document, webpage, placement, labels, HTML, code, tags, URL, SF, SCM, MXG , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-MXG , Matrix Grid Reports (9 Box) , LOD-SF-SCM , Succession Management , LOD-SF-SCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , Problem