- As of BI 4.2 Support Package 03, there is a new feature allowing Server Groups to be defined as Exclusive.
- Servers belonging to an Exclusive Server Groups will only process the reports explicitly assigned to use them.
- This is in contrast to standard Server Groups: Servers belonging to these can also process report instances configured to use the First Available server / or which only 'Give preference to servers in the selected group'
- However, in BI 4.2 SP03 + all Patches within that codestream...
- Report instances scheduled to be run by the First Available server will (correctly) not be processed by any Job Server belonging to an Exclusive Server Group
- However, for Viewing and Refreshing, servers belonging to an Exclusive Server Group might still be used to process reports which have no Server Group specified.
- SAP Business Intelligence Platform 4.2, Support Package 03 and newer
- all supported operating systems
4.2, sp3, server, group,exclusive, webi, refresh, schedule, available , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.