- SAP ASE crashes abruptly while running varied operations.
- ASE errorlog reports "infected with signal 11" errors in the module des_checkpoint() with stack traces:
Current process (0x15000b) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0000000100af3a80 (des_checkpoint.fdpr.chunk.20+0x7c), siginfo (code, address) = (50, 0xfffffffffffffdd8)
- Stack trace includes the following functions:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- Terminated processes (spids) leave unreleased Dbtable->dbt_defpipebufgpspin spinlocks, for example:
Spinlocks held by kpid 43451045
Spinlock Dbtable->dbt_defpipebufgpspin at address 0x0000000145dc2b80 owned by 43451045
- Which results in ASE crashes.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) - All versions
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR803834, CR#803834, 803834, "number of open partitions", SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.