You have edited the tax configuration for Norway to be 15 characters long, however, when you try to add the tax to an account, you get an error stating that the entry is longer than 11 characters.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer work center and access the view Accounts
- Show All and Find account XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Account)
- Open the account and go to the tab Tax Numbers
- Add a new line for a tax for country Norway as type Tax Number
- Set the tax number as NOXXX and hit Enter (XXX represents the following numbers of the Tax Number)
- The following error message will be displayed: "Entry in field Tax Code 2 is longer than 11 characters"
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and access the view Overview
- Show All and search for activity Countries
- Select the option Edit Countries
- Select the country NO - Norway
- Go to the tab Tax Attributes
- See that all number lengths are set to 15.
This is a known issue by our development team and will be resolved in a future release.
This is a known issue with Norway and it will be fixed during the 1705 version of the system.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To