- An Advanced Reporting report is scheduled via the Report Distributor on a daily basis to capture the latest modified records.
- A few of the modified records are captured in consecutive successful runs (not a perfect delta report)
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Report Canvas - Advanced reporting
- Online Report Designer - Advanced Reporting
- Report Distributor
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an Advanced Reporting data based report
- Add a filter for "Last Modified Date >= Last Successful Run Date"
- Create a Report Bundle
- Add the query to the bundle
- Schedule the Bundle to run daily (may be at 10 a.m)
- On the 1st of January, at 09:00 a.m a few users' data has been modified.
- On the 1st of January, the Report Bundle is executed at 09:00 a.m.
- The export from the 1st of January contains data modified at 09:00 a.m on the 1st of January(expected)
- On the 2nd of January, the Report Bundle is executed again at 10:00 a.m.
- The export from the 2nd of January also contains data modified at 09:00 a.m on the 1st of January(strange behavior)
- The 'Last Successful Run Date' translates to a timestamp of 00:00:00 of the last export's date and not time at which it was run.
- As a result, any scheduled run with the last successful run date filter, with a schedule time greater than 00:00 will include all the data modifications done since the previous day (midnight) till the scheduled run.
- i.e. a Scheduled export run at 23:00 on the 2nd of January with the last successful run date filter translates to - From the 1st of January 00:00 till the 2nd of January 23:00
- This behavior can be observed only with the fields that include timestamp info and not just the date.
2587890 - Advanced Reporting displays only the date for timestamp fields (Canvas / ORD Report)
With the current design, the behavior is expected. Schedule the Report Bundle to be executed at 00:00 (12:00 a.m. or Midnight) to get a true delta / incremental export with every run.
NOTE: The 'Last Successful Run Date' dynamic filter considers UTC time zone. Hence, you might face inconsistent results (e.g. duplicate records, missing records, blank result) if your instance is behind or ahead UTC. However, in b2211 a new filter will be introduced to consider the time zone of your instance (TPTZ - Tenant Preferred Time Zone). So if your instance is not in UTC (after b2211), we recommend using the dynamic filter 'Last Successful Run Date TPTZ'.
Last, Modified, Date, Report, Distributor, Timestamp, Realms, delta, incremental , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , Problem