- Employees has leave type and has a balance of X for this year , however when employee is terminated entitlements in termination screen are not properly calculated.
- Example. Employee A - Terminated (Last data 31 jan 2017 ) - sick / hospitalization leave(paid ) entitlement shows 7, but according to the rule it should have been 1 leave.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Go to employee's profile -> Take Action->Termination/Separation-> effective last date 31 st jan 2017 -> try to capture the log for termination rule using Rule Trace/ Business execution log.
In the rule execution result you can see correct value getting calculated however on the termination incorrect value shows.
There can be two root causes for this.
1. The current year's time account has a manual adjustment balance which has not been utilized. This will add up to the termination rule proration result.
In the example scenario
Employee A - Terminated (Last data 31 Jan 2017 ) - sick / hospitalization leave(paid ) entitlement shows 7, but according to the rule trace it should have been 1 leave.
6 was the balance amount from a manual adjustment and no accrual was posted in his current time account. When we are terminating him in Jan 2017 as per the termination rule balance should prorate to 1 but the amount shows 6+1 = 7.
2. The old year's time account is not closed and has a remaining balance. This will also add up to the termination rule proration result.
In the example scenario
Employee A - Terminated (Last data 31 Jan 2017 ) - sick / hospitalization leave(paid ) entitlement shows 6, but according to the rule it should have been 1 leave.
5 was the balance amount from his old time account. When we are terminating him in Jan 2017 as per the termination rule balance should prorate to 1 but the amount shows 5+1 = 6.
The termination rule proration will consider the old time account balance and manual adjustment balance in current time account along with result of termination rule.
To avoid adding up old time account's balance, you can either close the old time account by changing status of field closed = Yes manually of via import.
Or you can use Period end processing rule to carry forward balance from old time account to new time account(new account should be already created) and close the old time account according to your business requirement.
For more information please refer to the section "4.10.10 Special Cases: Accrual Adjustments by the System" in the EC Time off Implementation Handbook.
Time Off, Leave entitlement is different, wrong proration at termination, termination, balance, calculation, termination screen, screen , KBA , wrong proration at termination , wrong leave balance during termination , employee central , successfactors , time off , LOD-SF-EC-TIM-TEH , Termination End Handling , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem