When running a report on an applicant's gender, the field shows as the value 'U' (Unknown, Undefined, No Selection) for external candidates even though they have specified it on their application.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Gender has been populated on the application
- The external candidate has selected either 'F' (Female) or 'M' (Male)
- Recruiting User runs a report on their application
- Gender field is returning as 'U'
- Cause 1: The candidate selected the "No Selection" option upon applying.
- Cause 2: The standard field "gender" has not been configured in the application template XML, instead there is a custom gender field that has not been made custom reportable in Provisioning
Application template (example):
<field-definition id="cust_gender" type="picklist" required="false" custom="true" public="false" readOnly="false">
<field-label mime-type="text-plain"><![CDATA[What is your gender?]]></field-label>
The standard field has therefore not been populated on the application and will appear as blank (or 'U') in the ad-hoc report
- For Cause 1: That would be an expected behavior of the system if you're using the Standard Gender Field, because the candidate has the ability to choose the option No Selection upon applying if they wish to not declare a gender.
- For Cause 2: There are two options:
- Option 1: Make the custom gender field custom reportable in Provisioning, and you can report on that custom field instead of the standard field.
- Option 2: Configure the standard 'gender' field in the application template and it will return the 'F' or 'M' value. Do not delete the custom gender field, you can just remove the permissions for it from the templates.
2081508 - Custom Reportable Recruiting Fields - Recruiting Management
RCM, XML Template, male, unknown, undefined, no selection, picklist, map, extended field , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-REP , Reporting & Analytics, Data Imports & Exports , Problem