Information is visible in field with restricted access in MDF object, when searching for record (e.g. Position Search in Succession Org Chart).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles;
- Select target permission role;
- Permission > Miscellaneous Permissions;
- In the MDF object (e.g. Position), field level override is specified for a field to "No access":
- Go to Succession Org Chart > Position search;
- Information in field with restriction in RBP is visible (e.g. Criticality):
The field with the RBP restriction was made searchable in the object definition, and the system the searchable field can be visible for users with access to the MDF object.
Currently, if the field that was restricted in RBP for the target MDF object, is defined as a searchable field in the object definition, will show the information when searching any record for the object.
To avoid having information from a restricted field to show for users, it is necessary to remove the field from the searchable field list in the object definition in Admin Center > Configure Object Definition > Search for the MDF object (e.g. Position) > Make Corrections > Searchable fields > Remove the field > Save changes.
NOTE: removing the field from the Searchable field definition in the object will remove the field as a filter in other areas of the system (e.g. Position Tile).
Field level overrides, XAF-14120, Miscellaneous Permissions, Searchable fields, MDF, metadata framework, field override, RBP, Role-Based Permissions, restriction, remove visibility , KBA , LOD-SF-SCM-ORG , Succession Org Chart , Problem