- Running a (complex) XML query
- ASE errorlog reports a 'signal' error with a stack trace including modules XmlXQueryClose and bi_xml_xquery_close
- The user may receive a 712 error in the client side
- This message is NOT printed in ASE log:
There is insufficient heap memory to allocate <size> bytes.
Please increase configuration parameter 'heap memory per user' or try again when there is less activity on the system.
- The users connection dies
- A stacktrace appears in the ASE errorlog with elements that include:
Current process (0xc0100db) infected with signal 4 (SIGILL)
kernel pc: 0x00002aabe792e5f0 ()
Current process (0x47670796) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001296b10 (PtlXmlQuery::~PtlXmlQuery()+0xa) ...
and both with a stack including modules:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
- XML Services
ASEServer, SAPASE, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, stack, registers, heap, memory , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.