- When trying to open a PDF document with ECL Viewer, an error message is returned: "Unable to open document".
- This only happens in SAPGUI 7.4 patch 12.
- This issue is not reproducible on SAPGUI 7.4 patch 11.
- Running an Automation and Control manager trace in the front-end shows that the document is being created in the front-end:
<53=Automation : CALL METHOD "OpenFileByType" OF [#42/0x1B25D034/202/EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1]
#0: STRING[61 bytes] "C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\SAP\SAP GUI\tmp\xxxxxx.pdf"
#1: STRING "application/pdf"
- But the document cannot be opened in the front-end:
SAP GUI for Windows 7.4 patch 12.
ECL Viewer, patch 12, unable to open document , KBA , BC-FES-GUI , SAP GUI for Windows , CA-DMS-EAI , EAI , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.