Changes that you make to a particular business document, for example a Supplier, User, Account, or Organizational unit, over a period of time, can be consolidated by creating a change collection.
You can create the change collection in the Change Collector view of the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to Business Configuration workcenter
- Go to Implementation Projects view
- Select Edit Project Scope button
- Go to Questions section
- Expand Built-in Services and Support
- Business Environment
- Change History
- Scope the question Would you like to collect all changes for a document type at a mass level?
Steps to create Change Collector and export to Excel
- In the Change Collector view, select New->New Change Collector
- In the New Change Collector screen, enter the following parameters:
- ID: A unique ID to distinguish the change collection you are creating from the rest
- Document Type: The business document whose changes you are tracking. Depending on the document, the selection attributes in Selection Criteria table, change as shown below:
- Account - Company ID and Customer ID
- Organization Unit - Company ID and Organization Center ID
- Supplier - Company ID and Supplier ID
- User - Company ID and User ID
- Validity Type: You can set the validity of the new change collection as:
- Standard: Here you can specify the Start and End Date of a period to determine the changes that occurred during this time
- Duration: Here you can give the number of days, during which the changes occurred
- For example, the duration can be 80 days
- From Last Execution Until Today
- Use the Selection Criteria table to limit the scope of the collection using a particular selection attribute
- Select Save and then click Action->Activate , to activate your changes
- To schedule the run to gather the data for the collection immediately, select Action->Schedule Directly. You can schedule it for a later time by clicking Action->Schedule Later
- Once the Scheduled Run is completed, the change collection for the business document type can be seen in the Change Collector view
- Select the change collection and then select the Execution tab, various executions for the change collection run are displayed here
- Select the Execution ID of the Change Collector, and in the screen that opens, select the Changes tab
- All the Changes for the business document are listed here. These Changes are available for 7 days from the time they are generated. You can export these Changes to an excel by clicking Export->To Microsoft Excel
For changes regarding the Materials and Services in the system, you may refer to the reports Changed Materials and Changed Services in Design Reports view in Business Analytics workcenter.
The Changed Materials and Changed Services report does not provide details on what exactly was changed, and there is no other report with this information available.
Detailed changed history may be accessed via each document or object separately. You may filter for the Changed On date in order to identify the changed Materials/ Services. That is, filter for the date or time period when the accidental changes were made.
KBA , change history , changes report , change collector , LOD-CRM , Cloud for Customer , How To