Hold down any key and it will not wrap the line, but extends the text box out of the viewing screen.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Goal Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Log to the SF instance
- Go to Performance Management module
- Open a PM form
- Go to the comments section and type a long text, as the example below
- The system behaviour is that if you type one long word in the text area it will automatically adjust the user screen to cover what it interprets as one word (no spaces are entered when you hold down a key).
- If you type standard words the text box automatically wraps the word to fix the text box without extending it.
- An extension of the text field may also occur if the text was copied from another application into the comment section.
- MS Word actually is an HTML based program. When you copy and paste text from MS Word, you are actually copying a version of HTML, even though you never see that raw code. When you paste that into your form, you are essentially pasting into SuccessFactors XML code a random block of HTML which may not have fully formed syntax.
In order to prevent this issue from occurring you have 3 options:
- Enable Rich Text Editor to remove HTML content from your PM forms. Further details can be found in the KBA 2077922;
- Copy and paste your text only in plain text applications, like Notepad text editor;
- You can also copy your content from MS Word, paste it into a Notepad, then copy from Notepad before you paste it into the form.
- KBA 2077922 - Manage Templates - Rich Text Editor - Performance Management
- PMv12a Implementation Guide - Usage of HTML or custom code within the SAP SuccessFactors Application
text, wrapping, html, occur, comment fields, supported, custom, code , KBA , csg_q , troubleshooting , text wrap , long word , text cut off , LOD-SF-GM , Goal Management , LOD-SF-PM , Performance Management , Problem