When attempting to import goals via the Beta Goals Import tool or Goal Import tool the following error message is generated:
Processing Error :
Parsing Validations: 1
Field Name : category Category does not exist.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Performance & Goals
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center
- Search for Beta Goal Imports or Import Development Goals
- Click on Generate CSV Header and populate appropriate fields
- Attempt to import CSV file via Beta Goal Imports or Import Development Goals
- Missing category ID
- Category label is used instead of actual ID
- Provide the Category ID not the category label.
- The Category ID is generally the original name given to the category and can be seen via the Goal template xml.
- If unsure what the Category ID is or if you do not have access to the goal plan xml, please submit a ticket to Product Support and request the correct category IDs from your goal plan.
Where can I find the Category ID?
The category ID can be retrieved in an ad hoc report by selecting the option "Show Value ID configuration" under the Configuration Pill.
The report will show the category ID preceded by the goal plan ID_, in the example below the category ID is "Goals" on the goal plan with ID 10, the ad hoc returns a value of "10_Goals".
GM import, Find Goal Category ID, failure, TGM, PMGM, Beta Goal Import, Development Objective , KBA , csg_q , troubleshoot , business_objectives , LOD-SF-GM , Goal Management , LOD-SF-CDP , Career Development Planning , Problem