For a particular Fixed Asset, You have posted a Manual Posting - Partial Transfer of Individual Material for complete amount and Relating To as 2 - Previous Years and for a particular Set of book, resulting which the Deactivation Date is set in the system for this asset.
Acquisition Postings on or after this deactivation date are still being accepted by system inspite of the deactivation date existing in the system.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Fixed Assets work center and Fixed Assets view.
- Show all Fixed Assets, find XXX and press Start.
- Press Edit - Master Data and click on Life Cycle Data.
- You can observe that Deactivation Date is already set DD-MM-YYYY for the set of book in question.
- Navigate to Values tab and select the Set of Book line under Valuation Values per Set of Books, navigate to subtab Journal
Here, you will notice that there are multiple acquisitions made to this asset which are after the deactivation date.
The complete transfer posting is actually the partial transfer of fixed asset with whole amount with related to as Previous Years only for XYZ set of books.
That's why the posting did happen only for that set of books and the deactivation date and last retirement date are set only for XYZ set of books and not for other.
So, due to this reason, the Individual Material's status did not changed to retired, and your follow-up postings have continued to post to this fixed asset.
- If you are using Manual Posting - Partial Transfer of Individual Material then it is expected that the amount is not for the complete book value.
- If you are using Manual Posting - Complete Transfer of Individual Material then it is expected that the amount is for complete book value.
If you choose 1 and addtionally you added it complete amount then, then make sure you do it both the set of book. If it posted for only 1 set of book then the individual material doesn't change to retired resulting which further acquisitions postings will continue to be allowed.
If you choose 2 then system will consider for both the set of books bydefault, resulting which the individual material status returns to retired following which no further acquisitions are allowed.
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To