- When opening a file in the Dashboards Designer one of the following errors displayed:
Could not connect to Microsoft Excel. To prevent further data corruption, the program must close.
Could not load this file. It may be corrupt or have features that cannot be supported by this version of Dashboards.
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.x
- Microsoft Excel 2010
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch SAP Dashboards Designer
- Open an existing xlf file
- Error message displayed
- The xlf file was developed with Ms Office 2013, now trying to open in MS Office 2010.
- Install Microsoft Office 2013 or newer to open the xlf file.
office 2013, Office 2010 , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem
SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.0 ; SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1 ; SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.2