The requirement is to send an Alert Notification to a user (for example, an employee's Manager) some days before the Planned End Date of a Global Assignment is reached. This article provides a simple example of such a rule.
Employee Central 2.0
Please review the EC Alerts and Notifications feature implementation documentation (which is part of the "Implementing Workflows in Employee Central" handbook) first as there are more steps that must be completed in order for the system to send Alert Notifications (not just the below configuration).
The rule below is configured to send an Alert 3 days before the "Planned End Date" of the Global Assignment. Some specific notes -:
- Rule Base Object = Global Assignment Details
- Extra Parameter = Alert (Spell it exactly as it is, and do not add any other Parameters)
The rule can be configured as such (using Context.CurrentUser to identify the Event Reason or Event)
The rule then needs to be added to the "globalAssignmentInfo" object in the Manage Business Configuration UI:
(Or it can also be done via Succession Data Model XML import)
NOTE: If you require to send an EC Alert Notification to both the HOME and HOST managers, please review article 2739112 - EC Alerts: How to create an Alert to notify both Home and Host Manager for the Start or End of a Global Assignment. Also note that this will require the use of the "Update home job info record for global assignments" feature being enabled and configured in the GACONFIG object for Global Assignment configuration.
- 2315275 - Employee Central Implementation - Workflows & Alerts FAQ
- 2156278 - How to set up EC Alerts and Notification using Business Rules
- 2739112 - EC Alerts: How to create an Alert to notify both Home and Host Manager for the Start or End of a Global Assignment
ECT-61094, Alert, EC Alerts and Notifications, GA, Global Assignment , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-ALR , Alerts & Notifications (saveAlert - EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC-CGA , Global Assignment & Concurrent Employment , How To