- An output request fails to print. In SP01 the spool is in error status with an OS level message returned from the host spooler or print server.
- On Windows the error may be "Warning: Device unknown":
- Status: Problem (Error in host spool system)
- Job status: Waiting in host spooler
- Error: Error in host spool sys.
- Info: / Message: Warning: Device unknown
- Windows may also return a similar error "The printer name is invalid."
- Windows/NT error 1801 [\\ServerName\PrinterName]: "The printer name is invalid."
- On Linux the error may be:
- Message from host spool: /usr/bin/lpr: The printer or class was not found.
- On AIX the error may be:
- enq: (FATAL ERROR) : 0781-048 Bad Queue or device name
SAP NetWeaver all releases
SAP NetWeaver all versions
KBA , BC-CCM-PRN , Print and Output Management , BC-CCM-PRN-DVM , Printer Administration , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.