- Some users cannot be found in search box "People Search" whereas others can.
- I am able to search users in People Profile Search but cannot search the same users in "people search" or "action search".
***Image/Data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.***
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Enter one of the following search criteria in "People Search" (Reference KBA for 2385804 - Supported Fields for People Search)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Middle Name
- User(s) are not returned on the search results
Two possible causes for non EC instances:
- The users have status "inactive"
- The users are outside the target population of the logged in user
If Employee Central is enabled there are additional causes for People Search not returning desired results:
- Employment details are invalid
- Employee has a future hire date
- Incorrect configuration for Name Format
Initial Check for user search issues:
- Inactive User: You can set the user to active or if required result is to be able to search inactive users reference 2566641 - How to enable search inactive users in the Global Header / Configuring People Search to Allow Searching by Additional Keywords.
- User Already Active:If the users were active already then the issue will most likely be that they are outside the target population of the logged in user.
- Check Target Population of user search RBP permission – Is target population set to everyone ? Check if the login user has permission to access the target user using User role search (Target user is the user you want to search out by the access user) use the right Permission Category and Permission label.
Additional checks if EC is enabled:
- Check employment data of the affected users. Future dated hires cannot be found in People Search, only in the People Profile search is permissioned for more details on People Profile search reference - 2080028 Unable to see Future Dated New Hires in Employee Central.
- To check the employment information navigate to Employee Profile of the effected user and navigate to Employment Information if the start date is is in the future it is expected that the user will not be searchable in People search.
- If Employee Central is enabled you can now use the Check Tool to see if there are any database issues reference image below and SAP Help Guide Check Tool in Employee Central
- Multiple Assignments:
- If there is a a secondary assignment for that user, please try to search for the user by his secondary User ID
- Check the period for which this user was set on Secondary Assignment
- This user might have been terminated after their two assignments and got rehired with only one assignment. Hiring under the secondary assignment can lead to data issues. The user will always need to be rehired with their primary assignment and never the secondary assignment
Note: in case the issue persists even after following the above instructions, please report an case to SAP Customer Success under component LOD-SF-PLT-SCR for further assistance. It may be required to re-index the search feature of your instance.
Note for SAP Support representatives: please check the internal memo of this KBA for additional troubleshooting steps.
2854567 - People Search is misbehaving or returning inconsistent results - SuccessFactors Platform
Admin Guide for People Seach click HERE
Manage Users, Employee Export, Export Users, Import Employee Data, Basic Import, status, active, inactive, Admin Center, Success Factors, EmployeeCentral, SOLR Search, unable to search user, find, username, useriderson, people search, action search, inactive, personid , Action search , People search , action search , PLS-7543 . New Hire , Search , unable to search , unable to search user , people search , global search , search , Search , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-SRH , Search , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem