The specific 'Event Reason' used in a notification email is in the wrong language.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Employee 'A' triggers a workflow
- Employee 'B' receives a notification email
- The notification email has the improper Language Translation for the 'Event Reason' that is used.
There are many Event Reasons, and each individual 'Event Reason' has the ability to provide individual translations for each language that is active in the system. Each translation has to be manually setup in the system for event reasons.
1. Navigate to Admin Center -> Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structure
2. Select “Event Reason”
3. Select the Event reason you want to update the translation for.
A. In my example, I have selected “Job Change to Higher Grade (JOBUGRDE)”
4. Mouse over “Take Action” -> Select “Make Correction”
5. Click on the “View Translations” button for the “Event Reason Name”
6. Type your translation in the boxes.
A. You may only have one or 2 languages you can provide translations for. This all depends on which languages you have active in your environment. In my example, I have 10 separate languages active in my system.
7. Click Done after you have input your translations.
8. Click Save
9. Click on ‘View Translation’ symbol to check and see that the translation was successful.
10. Click Done
KBA , event reasons , ec translations , LOD-SF-EC-ALR , Alerts & Notifications (saveAlert - EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , How To