This error appears when trying to edit Job Information:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- Business Rules for Event Reason Derivation
Reproducing the Issue
- Edit Job Information/Compensation Information
- Save the changes
- Error/application error occurs
- This error message appears when a business rule is used to determine the event reason if it is not configured correctly.
- If you have not covered all possible change scenarios in your business rules, the system will not be able to determine an Event Reason.
- A catch all rule should always be triggered as an onSave rule.
- Below is an example of a catch all business rule which should be implemented.
- This rule should not be "always true" and should have the below shown IF condition maintained.
- Please select an event reason which is associated to a Data Change Event only.
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Which Implementation Guide can I find more information on this topic?
A) Guide: Implementing Employee Central Core
Chapter: Event Reason Derivation from XML
sf, success factors, EC, Parameter, Event reason, Cross Portlet, Catch All, event , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-CMP-RUL , Business Rules , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects (Organisation, Pay and Job Structures) , LOD-SF-EC-JOB-RUL , Job Info Business Rules , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions