- When running very high-performance environment, it uses a high number of Data Assurance (DA) partitions (256).
- The data is unevenly distributed.
- While most partitions run quickly, there are the odd couple that are very slow since the DA partitions SQL picks up a larger proportion of the table's rows.
- There needs to be a way to see what SQL / boundary DA used for those "large" partitions, so compareset can be adjusted to avoid that data via the custom where clause.
- Then create a separate job to cover that data range.
- Since DA boundary data is always updated after each comparison run, it's not enough to simply run "show boundary".
- The new optimised partition generation for DA 16.0 also makes it harder to see which boundaries are being used when the comparison runs, since it's choosing a subset of boundary data based on how that data varies across all samples.
Could a new command be implemented to show the SQL being run by a particular partition? Or extend one of the existing commands (e.g. monitor <job> <cmp>) to show the 1 or 2 boundaries being used for a given partition?
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 16.0
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 15.7.1
- Data Assurance
SAP Replication Server 15.7 ; SAP Replication Server 16.0
KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.