How do you control the date format in Learning reports?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- Plateau Report Designer
Reproducing the Issue
- Run a standard or custom Learning Report that returns results in a CSV >
- Note the formatting of the date pattern >
- How is that format determined?
Date formatting is determined in one of 3 ways:
- The locale Date & Time Pattern settings of the user who ran the report.
- The Date/Time Format set in the Plateau Report Designer.
- Date/Time Format set in the REPORT_SYSTEM configuration file.
User's Date & Time Pattern
- System (out of the box) Reports use the User's locale for the date formatting.
- This is set in the User's preferences:
- Click the cogwheel for preferences
- Under Settings > Update the Locale Format Options, set Date Pattern ID and Time Pattern ID
- See KBA 2175518 for more information on setting Date & Time format for Users & Admins
- Date/Time Format in the Plateau Report Designer
- Please see KBA 2283916 for details on formatting the date/time in the PRD
- Note that customizing reports is handled by Professional Services.
- Product Support is unable to assist with customization issues.
- Date/Time Format in REPORT_SYSTEM Configuration
- If a custom report does not have date formatting specified at the PRD level, the User's locale may not be picked up and an extra comma is displayed or some other expected formatting.
- The REPORT_SYSTEM configuration file should be updated as follows:
- Logon to Learning Administration Side
- Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration >
- Open REPORT_SYSTEM in edit mode
- Find the entry for defaultDateTimeFormats
- There will be a default entry:
- With (example USA format):
- defaultDateTimeFormats.en=MMM dd, yyyy hh:mm a
- Apply Changes
Note: A second entry may be created when you apply changes, this is OK and can be ignored
IMPORTANT: This setting follows the rules described HERE.
- ICU-docs - International Components for Unicode Docs
- KBA 2283916 - Time Formatting in Plateau Report Designer
- KBA 2175518 - How to Change Date & Time Format in SuccessFactors Learning
prd, learning, report, standard, custom, time, date, pattern, output, value, definition, result, file, csv, last, update, tstmp, timestamp, stamp, LRN-10546, LRN-10637 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To
SAP SuccessFactors Learning all versions